Officials are reporting Boerne’s first confirmed case of measles with public health officials saying the infection is linked to out-of-state travel and exposure connected to Bandera County.
The case surfaced Feb. 12 and officials issued a statement Tuesday.
While the patient has not been identified, no students with the Boerne Independent School District are involved.
“We received a notice from the Public Health Department and confirmed the case isn’t anyone within our district,” said Maggie Dominguez, a BISD spokeswoman.
Measles, a highly contagious virus that can be dangerous for children or those with weak immune systems, causes coughing, fever and a runny nose.
In many cases, the respiratory ailment produces a rash that spreads across the body.
Boerne’s Public Health Department released this statement: “The Texas Department of State Health Services is providing strong guidance to the city’s Emergency Management team, as well as health care providers regarding this case. Additionally, DSHS is conducting the proper notification and contact tracing.”
Recent outbreaks have prompted a public response from Mehment Oz, a physician and administrator for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
“Take the vaccine please,” Oz has said in prepared statements. “We have a solution for this problem.”
Specialists with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said so far in 2026, there haven 910 measles cases reported nationwide.
To read more of the public health service announcement, visit myboernenews.com/positive-measles- case-reported-in-boerne/








Comment
Comments